Desktop TV won't display in HDMI, only VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietertje de Derde

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi all,

A few months ago, somebody had used my PC and it crashed. Since then, the HDMI doesn't seem to be working anymore. Currently I am using a VGA to DVI connector (or other way around) to still get my screen displayed on my monitor.

My specs are:
GTX 570 HD
I7-2600K @ 3.4ghz
8gb RAM

I know the monitor is not at fault, It will display my laptop on the monitor just fine with the HDMI cable. So the cable is fine too, but also with another cable I used the desktop PC won't display in HDMI. I have done a clean install of Windows 10 and updated my graphics drivers, but the problem is still there.

i have tried removing all cables and only use HDMI on start up, but that doesn"t seem to work either. Anybody knows what I could do?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It's possible your GPU's HDMI port got damaged, a similar thing happened to one of my GPU's and it's DisplayPort port. Mine was still in warranty though.
If it's broken it's broken.

Pietertje de Derde

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015

The best answer thing was unintentional but you might be right, although I'd hate that fact considering my budget. Would there be any way to check without having to open it?

If all the other ports work, and if it still doesn't work on other display devices, it's the port that broke. If everything except the HDMI port works, it's the HDMI port and thus a busted card.

Status
Not open for further replies.