Recommended Fan setup in Fractal Define R4

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Hi, I'm looking to get some new fans for my PC as my current ones seem to be getting louder and sound like they are going to fail soon. I have had a look around and found that the Corsair Air Series and Fractal Design Venturi fans look good and seem to perform well while keeping very quiet. I am also toying with the idea of buying an extra two and using them on my CPU cooler in push pull.

Just wanted to get peoples opinions on what fans to buy and what setup i should have in my case.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Single corsair sp120 on the evo cooler will do a great job (not really needed though with a 6300)

Article cooling f14's would be my choice of case fans for best price/performance ratio - fantastic fans for the price.

The pst versions will allow you to run 2 fans from 1 header in sync.

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Thanks for responding! How are the Article cooling f14's in regards to noise, I'm not particularity bothered how much it will cost I just want something that will work well look good and be quiet.

If you are considering Fractal case fans, I think the GP-14 fans are the ones which are the quietest. That model is what comes on the Fractal R5 case. (I'm assuming that the R4 also takes 140mm fans).

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Thanks, Yes the R4 takes 140mm fans aswell :)

FuturamaPhill

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Would I not want it the other way around? (novice when it comes to fans but thought thicker blades would pull more air through filters on the case)