My friend says his monitor is better than some IPS monitors, is it true?

Dogxat

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
My friend has the BenQ RL2755hm and he says it's better than some IPS monitors including mine. I have the Asus VX239H. Is his monitor better than mine and some other IPS monitors? Are there any flaws to his monitor?

Solution
kind of hard to say as his is a bit unusual being a 27 inch but only 1980 x 1080 i would suggest its more suited to gaming consoles than pcs

in general ips will have better colours though the response time will be a bit slower
I say the IPS Asus panel is better. If you are going to take the color hit of having a TN panel, it should be 144hz. The response time of 5ms (asus) and 1ms (Benq) is not as big of a deal. 5ms is still quite low.

Basically the Asus has slightly slower response time. Can you visually notice a 4 millisecond difference? I doubt it.

depends on what kind of ips panel you're talking about. 8bit and 10bit panels have far greater color accuracy - that combined with their wide viewing angle makes them superior in some cases. the el cheapo 6bit panels have no such advantage except wider viewing angles. tn panels can have an advantage if 120/144hz however they are much worse in terms of viewing angle which can be quite noticeable on larger screens as the corners could start to color shift.

at best both do have their own advantages - at worst they are equal.

The TN panel he linked is only 75Hz.