Should I get a 144hz or 60hz monitor with my setup?

MisterSmiles

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015
I have an i5 4590 @ 3.3 GHz and a Gtx 960. Im trying to decide between the BenQ RL2445M (60Hz) and the Asus VG248QE (144hz). I don't know if I will benefit from the extra hz and dont want to waste $80 on the asus. Thanks for any help.

Solution
Get the 144Hz. Even if you don't use it now, you will not regret it. And Asus is top-tier when it comes to monitors. I don't much like Asus for components, yet I sit here in front of two Asus monitors. :)

OTHOH, one of my monitors is TN and the other (newer) is an IPS monitor- I doubt I'll ever buy a TN panel again now that I've seen the color improvements. Admittedly that's not as important for most people. :)
Get the 144Hz. Even if you don't use it now, you will not regret it. And Asus is top-tier when it comes to monitors. I don't much like Asus for components, yet I sit here in front of two Asus monitors. :)

OTHOH, one of my monitors is TN and the other (newer) is an IPS monitor- I doubt I'll ever buy a TN panel again now that I've seen the color improvements. Admittedly that's not as important for most people. :)

Solution