Keys "stick" after being held down for 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhaze

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
When ever i hold a key down for 10 seconds the pc beeps, then the key repeats till i click that key twice. i have been trying to turn this off so i can play some games.

I have tried turning off filter keys and sticky keys in both the ease of access screen from settings
and "Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use".

I am going crazy, please help make my keyboard normal again

Solution
What model of keyboard are you using? Or, if you are using a laptop, what is its make and model? You may want to try updating your keyboard drivers if you have any special ones, or your laptop's BIOS. As you are using Windows 10, there may be outdated drivers at the moment.

Slashgeek

Admirable
What model of keyboard are you using? Or, if you are using a laptop, what is its make and model? You may want to try updating your keyboard drivers if you have any special ones, or your laptop's BIOS. As you are using Windows 10, there may be outdated drivers at the moment.

Solution

jayhaze

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
As far as i can see all my drivers are up to date. everything works great except this "feature" which is more of a bug. but after 10 seconds i get a system beep and two things happen. First i get a system beep. then all keys lock, repeating stops, until i press that key again twice.

jayhaze

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
turns out, i was describing the side effects of the issue. The OS just ignores the signal after ten seconds. so my guess this is a "feature" from mobile devices.
Fixed by reverting back to windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.