Skype 'is already logged in', Task Manager shows red skype icon under more details

Styxxien

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Hey. I was using skype as usual, put my computer to sleep, and woke it a few hours later. (Laptop) Anyways, I tabbed over to skype, and started fiddling with video options (I was trying out a spare webcam since my laptop's is horrible). I compared the two feeds for a while, and clicked the drop-down option for my laptop camera to compare again. This is when my skype stopped responding, and I closed it with Task Manager. When I opened it again, I received an error telling me I was already logged on. When checking Task Manager for any skype processes to close so I could entirely restart the program, I found this:
http://prntscr.com/8czqma
I have it highlighted. I can't end the task. Any help? How can this be fixed?

Solution
Hello,

Try to close Skype manually by following this process;

- Go to Skype folder inside Program Files (x86) and go to phone folder and then right click on Skype application and select send to Desktop (Create shortcut)

- Right click on this shortcut and type

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /shutdown >>> in the target field, there is a space before the /shutdown

- Run this new shortcut to quit Skype.

Try to reset Skype settings

- Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype". If Skype is already terminated from the process , move on to the next step.

- Click Start >> Type in the search bar: %appdata%

- Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

- Re-run Skype...

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Try to close Skype manually by following this process;

- Go to Skype folder inside Program Files (x86) and go to phone folder and then right click on Skype application and select send to Desktop (Create shortcut)

- Right click on this shortcut and type

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /shutdown >>> in the target field, there is a space before the /shutdown

- Run this new shortcut to quit Skype.

Try to reset Skype settings

- Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype". If Skype is already terminated from the process , move on to the next step.

- Click Start >> Type in the search bar: %appdata%

- Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

- Re-run Skype (Original Icon)

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default.

Solution