Building a mid-high end gaming pc

Tomhg

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
Hi guys, i am planning on building a new mid to high end gaming pc, i have a list of components i am thinking of using but i am not really that knowledgeable in the matter, i want to build a rig that can run new releases on highest settings at 120 fps. what i currently have is
MSI Z97I-Gaming ACK Mini-ITX motherboard
Intel core i7 4790K
G.Skill Sniper (F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2)
Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB SSD
EVGA GTX 760
Silverstone Strider Plus 700W Fully Modular Power Supply
Windows 10 os
i know the 700 watt psu is overkill, but i am planning on running duel graphic cards in the not to distant future, and at that, i am using the gtx 760 from my old rig until i can swap it out to a better model.

do you guys have any suggestions to improve the build... is it a piece of shit or will it do what i hope it will?

... i want this system to last me years to come, and to be a good build that i can upgrade off

Thanks for any help

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You're not going to run "dual" graphic cards with that motherboard. You'll need a Z97 motherboard for that with sli capability.For dual gpu's it's called either crossfire for AMD or sli for Nvidia.

Depending on which sli/crosssfire you want is abit higher wattage necessary imo.The gtx 760 sli should work on that silverstone psu.There are better options btw,and probably for about the same price.
Maybe you can give a link to where you buy or tell in which country you live.Maybe the pcpartpicker applies? At the right hand top are countries you can select.

By now the newer Skylake cpu's are out so maybe want to look at that.The 6600K or 6700K (the one with hyper threading),but they might be more expensive.Needs another socket motherboard too (1151).