Aoc monitor, color problems, need help fast

mr_cuddles666

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Hello guys,
so today a few minutes ago i've run into some problems regarding my AOC monitor, model no. is I2276VWM 23''.
the problem is that my text in games and on the windows desktop are pinkish, as far as i remember, this monitor has functioned without a hitch over the pas few months (got this in early may). The first time i noticed this was when i was just playing some witcher 3, I was in one of those times where you play as ciri, i just went back to the main menu to save and i noticed all the text were pinkish. Quitting back to the desktop, i noticed that my screen's colors looked a little more duller(but this could be just psychological).

Some things any of you might find important (IDK but i think these may be important)

I have overclocked my monitor, yeah, i am well aware of the risks, but it is well relatively safe oc, the monitor is 1080p at 74hz(originally 60) and i used the nvidia control panel's display overclocker.(I play CSGO and a few other shooters at high fps, the extra 24hz does suprisingly alot, and i find it easier to play)
One thing also, my monitor was unusually hot compared to other days, im not saying it was component melting hot, but it was warmish difficult to say maybe 40celcius?Probably less.
I did remove an reinsert my hdmi cable as well to see that maybe it was loosely fitted, the hdmi end that goes to the monitor was quite hot but the one that goes into my gpu was much less so.

My hardware is as follows
gpu = gigabyte gtx 960 2gb
cpu = intel i5 4590
mobo = sniper b6 gigabyte

Also could this be a gpu problem??? I have a few crashing issues since the newest driver, rolling back did the trick (I think, that or uninstalling all that nvidia hd audio, miracast audio and that stuff)
Furthermore, I recently uninstalled my realtek hd audio driver, and i reinstalled it today morning (Did not play any games in the morning so I am not sure that it caused the problem and no i did not create a system restore point.)
So far as a temporary fix i have used the color adjustment tools in the nvidia control panel to hammer this out, messed around with the blues and managed to get rid of the white-pink but it seems to be messing around colors in some of the sweetfx presets i use in games.

one more thing before i wrap this up, if it is my gpu that is causing this does it mean that it is faulty?

And forgive me if this seems albeit long but the color problems are really disturbing me and i would really, really appreciate any solutions for this.

Solution
OK then. Every monitor of that brand in the whole world can overclock becuase your friend can.

Overclocking is pushing things beyond their designed means. There is no guarantee that they do.

Do you have a TV or something else to test with. First rule of pc diagnose is elimination. Remove the monitor. Pink gone. Then it's the monitor. Try removing the oc'd refresh rate. Goes away its the pc. Simple stuff.

mr_cuddles666

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
hehe but i seriously doubt it because my freind as the very same monitor and he runs it with an oc of 82 hz (he is the guy who introduced me to the display oc thing) he has the monitor from around december 2014, he has not had a single problem with it

OK then. Every monitor of that brand in the whole world can overclock becuase your friend can.

Overclocking is pushing things beyond their designed means. There is no guarantee that they do.

Do you have a TV or something else to test with. First rule of pc diagnose is elimination. Remove the monitor. Pink gone. Then it's the monitor. Try removing the oc'd refresh rate. Goes away its the pc. Simple stuff.

Solution

mr_cuddles666

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015

alright guys i found the problem, it is with the hdmi cable itself, dunno why, i was using my old samsung tv's hdmi, tried it with another and voila, works properly, but i think i ought to listen to you guys, who knows maybe the monitor oc damaged the cable???(was kinda old though)
Thanks anyways guys :)

TRENDING THREADS