how to update gigabyte motherboard drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joevahkiin

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
So apparently I need to update my chipset drivers because USBPORT.sys is causing DCP latency. How do I do this? Also is it risky like changing a bios? Will I need to backup/ reinstall?

Solution
Gigabyte provides software that can update your BIOS for you - if you look up your motherboard model on their website and browse to the downloads for it there should be some software called APP Center - once you install this, it'll have an option to install @BIOS which flashes for you. Gigabyte's APP Center also provides recommended, but not the most up to date drivers for things like chipset drivers.
Not a risk at all, and no need to backup or reinstall... you can update the motheboard drivers from the disk included with the motherboard, or check the manufacturer product page for more recent driver updates... Go to the motherboard make and model page, click on the Supports link > next downloads > drivers... Download all drivers or only as needed but always include/update the chipset driver with it/them, if available.

Srsbizns

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Gigabyte provides software that can update your BIOS for you - if you look up your motherboard model on their website and browse to the downloads for it there should be some software called APP Center - once you install this, it'll have an option to install @BIOS which flashes for you. Gigabyte's APP Center also provides recommended, but not the most up to date drivers for things like chipset drivers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.