Using dual monitors with Windows 10 issue

xzero1134

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hello, I have a setup where my 2nd monitor is my TV. I recently got Windows 10. In the past, when I turned off my TV and turned it back on, it would automatically go to my dual monitor settings (which is duplicate) and display on TV and PC monitor. After I installed Windows 10, EVERY TIME I turn off my TV and turn it back on, I have to into the Nvidia Control Panel, place a check to the 2nd monitor (TV), and hit apply. THEN, I have to go into windows display setting, and choose duplicate. EVERY. TIME. How do I set this to be the default option when I turn my TV back on and slap Windows on the wrist?

xzero1134

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
It doesn't show up in the settings control panel if I don't "activate" it in the Nvida display first.

Update: I can restart my PC and it will keep both monitors on, but as soon as I turn off my TV and turn it back on, I have to set it again. It's always there in the Nvidia option it's just unchecked.

TJref

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
Yeah.. that's definitely a NVIDIA driver issue.. like it doesn't remember the preferred settings once you disconnect screens. And with DP and HDMI the monitors will disconnect, with DVI the monitors stay connected even when turned off. Until you disconnect the cable.