I'm having trouble selecting a monitor?

Alessio7496

Reputable
Apr 24, 2015
I'm getting a 4GB MSI 980, so I'd prefer the resolution of the new monitor I'm getting (which I'm having trouble deciding on) to be either 1080p or 1440p. 1080p seems more in budget. I'm looking for a monitor above 60Hz refresh rate, as I don't just play GTA V, W3, AC Unity etc.. I also play CS:GO quite a lot. My friend has a 144Hz monitor and the cheap one I'm currently using is 60Hz. It does make a difference, as I've played on his monitor before and it's much easier on the eyes. The short and narrow of the situation here is.....

I'm looking for a monitor that has the following features:

- 1080p OR 1440p display
- minimum 120Hz
- G-Sync (since I'm getting an Nvidia GPU and my 650W PSU can't accommodate an AMD card, nor do I want one + Free-Sync is usually allergic to Nvidia cards)
- IPS
- minimum 25" maximum 30" screen for my desk size
- good for dual monitor set up as I also do a lot of work on my PC which is way better with dual monitors (I have tested that also and it's much easier)
- price range is around $500 USD MAX however if It's incredibly neccessary to go up to $600-$650 USD then I'll consider it. I'm only gaming on one of these monitors btw

I know it's a tough one, but if anyone can help me out here, it'd be great. You don't have to provide a link necessarily, however the model name and brand of the monitor would be appreciated, and any monitor overclocking advice would be also. Thanks :D

emeck

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
The only monitor i can find with this criteria is around $800, i believe it is mostly because you are looking for an IPS panel, do you really need IPS? or what is a feature you can comprimise on, please tell.

Alessio7496

Reputable
Apr 24, 2015

I think I'll just spend a little extra, but thanks anyway mate :D

TRENDING THREADS