3 displays ( 2 gsync ) on gtx 970 sli

Storydiver

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
I have MSI GTX 970 in SLI( each card has only one displayport ) , a AOC g2460pg (g sync) monitor , a Samsung t28c570 monitor and i am thinking of adding Acer XB280HK (g sync) monitor to the mix .

I was planing to use the 4k Acer for third person games like witcher and metal gear v and the 144 hz AOC for FPS games which to me just feel better at 100 plus fps , but to my knowledge u cant add a monitor to the second cards output in SLI , so my question is this : is there anyway possible to switch master cards and enable SLI for specific games automatically trough software ( for every day use disabling sli should do fine ) i know that i can switch primary automatically using Ultramon shortcuts , essentially i would like somthing similar for switch master cards and enabling SLI ( it would be very annoying to switch my displayport cables around and configure everything manually from nvidia control panel each time i want to switch the monitor i want to play on) .

If what i descriptive is totally impossibly , what kind of adapter would i need to plug my 144 hz AOC s displayport cable into GTX 970 hdmi or dvi output ( i know i would be losing g sync , put with SLI if i can keep stably high frame rates it should not matter so much ) .

It would be logical that i have 2 monitors with displayport cables and 2 cards with displayport outputs and it should just work but it would seem that its not the case , in hind side i should have just gotten a card with 2 displayport outputs , but whats done is done .
Thanks to anyone who replies.

Storydiver

Reputable
Oct 22, 2014
ok the more i think about it the more the answer seems to be Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 970 Windforce 3X with 3 displayports ( all displayport to hdmi adapters seem to be crap and the sofware solution for using slave cards displayport appears to be impossible ) so the only question is will i get rid of one of my msi gtx 970 or should i go 3 way SLI .