Service host unistack using 30-40% cpu

matsib

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Its pretty simple upon startup a process named service host unistack uses up nearly 40% of my cpu. i cant end the task i cant find it in startup programs and its making my games near unplayable how do i get rid of this. also running windows 10 with an amd a10 cpu

From the link:
24 hours after switching from one virtual processor to two, the Unistack Services CPU hogging really seems to have disappeared.

matsib

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015

im not running a vm and none of those steps helped

what is the name of the process .exe ?
unistacksvcwrapper.exe ?

matsib

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015

download and run process explorer on the service host and find out what .exe is being called.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

matsib

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
as i said svchost.exe

you should be able to use process explorer and expand the svchost.exe and see what is rolled up with it.

for example: I have 14 them running. when i click one of them, then put the mouse over it. It shows what is running under the process. You can also right mouse click and select properties. in the properties menu, look at the service tab.
and you might see what services is registered in the process.

I looked at one that looks like it does not have any info, but the services tab show that it is part of
windows Image acquisition.

Tom_Milano

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
I solved the problem by setting in the Registry the start value for these two fields from 3 (manual) to 4 (disable)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UnistoreSvc
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UserDataSvc

TRENDING THREADS