Questions About Two monitor Display GTX 970

Tylerjmaho

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
I'm Thinking about buying another monitor (its a tv but I really like this I already have one) its the Element ELEFW328 32" 720p 60Hz Class LED HDTV To be exact I do I don't play games that much But when I do I like it smooth and Ive heard people taking performance hits while using two monitors I have an i7-4790k at 4.0Ghz Its a 720p screen, Il use Mad Max for example I get 90+ fps say If I had google open or was on Facebook etc how much of a performance drop would there possibly be I'm not planning on running two monitors for one game? and my current screen is (1920x1080)

Solution
The performance drop would be insignificant. If the second screen as not doing anything gpu intensive, it won't affect your gameplay experience.

And, if you can't live with the 1% drop in performance, just turn off the extra monitor.

At this point, I would definitely not buy a 720p screen to use as a monitor. If you need better performance, you can turn down your game resolution to 720p regardless of its native resolution.