Windows 10 update has been working fine for about 2 weeks. New it won't boot. Goes to "Your PC did not start correctly. Pres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try entering via safe mode. You'll need to rapid fire the F8 or Shift+F8 keys immediately upon powering on the system until you see the advanced start menu. You can then try rebooting from safe mode to see if it resolves the problem, or attempt a system repair from the advanced startup menu options.

Try removing the cmos battery for a few minutes, then put it back and see if you can boot. Otherwise, you are just either not beginning to press the proper key combination fast enough or early enough. You really have to begin hammering the F8 or shift+F8 key either before or simultaneously with pressing the power on button and keep doing so until the advanced boot menu comes up. Not literally HAMMERING, but pushing them as fast as you would on your best video game from the 80's that didn't have repeat firing.

Sin Stalker

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
I don't know what a CMOS battery is. Its a desktop.

I even got the win10 iso on a thumbdrive and it keeps failing. Tells me to unplug zipdrive and plug it back in after restart but it doesn't restart and just fails.

Tried going back to win7 but no matter what option I pick, win10 ignores it even after restart and tries to boot normally, which it says the PC did not start properly.

Even Safe Mode will not boot and will state the same error as normal boot up, with the 'PC did not start properly' message.

jfoster.tech

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
This works I have saved now 6 systems

Go to advanced menu and troubleshooting then command line
determine where your windows is located by typing DIR (drive letter without Parenthesis:)
The affected drive will have a users folder place that drive letter where C is in the commands below

Dism /Image:C: /Get-Packages

Copy the name of the most recent package updates and place with no space after the last colon paste the name. Select just the Package name.

DISM /Image:C: /Remove-Package /PackageName:

Status
Not open for further replies.