Monitor loses signal after windows logo

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
Hi. My monitor loses signal after windows logo. tried most of the solutions given here like boot up in safe mode and unstalling drivers but none work. in the last 2 weeks i have had a lot of windows kernel mode driver has stopped but has recovered. Graphics card still picks up on system and gets power so don't think it is faulty but i am not expert. any suggestions?

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

I'm waiting for my vga adapter to arrive to test. dumb question here but i have disabled my graphics card in safe mode so does that not mean im running on integrated graphics? and if integrated graphics work does that mean my graphics card is broken? for some reason i still feel it is something to do with drivers.

unless you have your monitor cable plugged into the video output on the motherboard you wouldn't have been running integrated graphics. Your OS doesn't sound stable, and it sounds like you may even have to re-install your windows to get any sort of screen back if other solutions don't work. So you used to be able to get passed the windows logo before?

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

yeah i have had this pc for about 4/5 years. changed graphics card about a year ago and had a couple psu problems but that was probably because they were cheap ones. like i said i have had windows kernel drivers has stopped responding but has recoverd in the weeks building up to this so maybe that has something to do with it?
thank you

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

yes i can get into bios. i have tried fixing that issue by going through other threads but that didnt help. in bios i have change to PCIe and back as someone has suggested on another thread

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

unfortunately i dont have an external hdd. and my windows copy is somewhere in a box back at home. not looking oog is it?

Nothing is for the worst yet, the best starting point from me would be to get windows re-installed. This would rule out many factors and point to other situations.

in the meantime you could test your ram in other slots or using only 1 stick (testing both individually) if you have 2 currently installed.

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015

already did the ram thing and i removed the CMOS battery which didnt work.

AbrieCompion

Reputable
Sep 9, 2015
So.. Update.. I did a format and reinstalled windows. at first graphics card wasnt picked up at all and after a few drivers installed and uninstalled it eventually picked up. and everything worked! but then pc crashed and started up again but still worked and then it crashed again but then the problem happend again. no signal.. so i kicked it.. and powerd it up and now its working again! not convinced that everything it is permanent fix but until then THANKS to everyone that helped! I will give update if problem comes back.