Searching start menu doesn't show results from all drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aiden2222

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Hi there!

I've been looking for a solution to this for a while, but have still not been able to find one.

I have two drives, an SSD (with Windows on) and a hard drive (with all my files on).

When using the start menu to search for something, it will only show results that are on my SSD. This is annoying as the majority of the things I'm looking for when searching are on my HDD, so I have to open explorer and go through all my documents trying to find the single file I'm looking for.

I was previously advised to change my indexing options. I've changed my indexing options to include my hard drive when searching, but it has still not changed.

Here's what my indexing options look like:

XYJdWva.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
I had a similar issue searching from taskbar. Added the the drives to the indexing service and did a "rebuild index". That helped, but it takes a long time to rebuild (days on my pc) But still windows can't find my programs that is not in the start menu.

Olebrom

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I had a similar issue searching from taskbar. Added the the drives to the indexing service and did a "rebuild index". That helped, but it takes a long time to rebuild (days on my pc) But still windows can't find my programs that is not in the start menu.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS