Nvidia Overscan/Underscan Problem

SProbert

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I have an issue and in the past generally seen that this forum gives the best and most useful help.

I have my PC connected via HDMI to my TV. The display duplicates ok but the ratio on the TV doesn't quite fit well. I need to reduce the size. So i've tried to do this using the Nvidia control panel but as you can see the resizing tab is greyed out. My specs are all in the same screenshot and I have downloaded the latest drivers.

Wonder if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance

Untitled_zpsc23tiyjc.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Solution
Is the TV full HD 1080p or is it 720P? You will need to adjust your PC's resolution. You can do this by adjusting the resolution in your Windows display settings. Play around with the settings a bit, I'm sure you'll be able to rectify the issue. If you are trying to duplicate your display at an internal resolution of 1920x1080 and the TV is outputting the signal at 720P, you may experience what you are describing.

spagalicious

Distinguished
Is the TV full HD 1080p or is it 720P? You will need to adjust your PC's resolution. You can do this by adjusting the resolution in your Windows display settings. Play around with the settings a bit, I'm sure you'll be able to rectify the issue. If you are trying to duplicate your display at an internal resolution of 1920x1080 and the TV is outputting the signal at 720P, you may experience what you are describing.

Solution

SProbert

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just tried every resolution possible on both the PC and TV display but always the same problem. The desktop is just slightly too big on the TV everytime. Whats more the general quality on the TV seems poor compared to the PC...but maybe thats normal or another issue.

I think I just need this re sizing tool to work in Nvidia but its still greyed out.

TRENDING THREADS