screenshot not working Inspiron 3000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixedmike

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
I searched how to screenshot, and found the "alt + prntscr" method. I managed to take one screenshot. Every time I try now nothing happens. I have also tried just pressing prntscr. Any suggestions?

Solution
Alt-PrintScr only saves the screenshot of the active window (not the whole screen) to the clipboard. PrintScr by itself will take a picture of the whole desktop. To create the screenshot, go to Microsoft Paint after pressing either Alt-PrintScr or PrintScr, then press Ctrl-V, or right click on the canvas and press Paste. You may now save the screenshot.

If you want to create a screenshot and save it immediately, use the shortcut Windows Key + PrintScrn. The screen will darken briefly, then return to normal. This immediately saves a screenshot to your Pictures\Screenshots folder.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Alt-PrintScr only saves the screenshot of the active window (not the whole screen) to the clipboard. PrintScr by itself will take a picture of the whole desktop. To create the screenshot, go to Microsoft Paint after pressing either Alt-PrintScr or PrintScr, then press Ctrl-V, or right click on the canvas and press Paste. You may now save the screenshot.

If you want to create a screenshot and save it immediately, use the shortcut Windows Key + PrintScrn. The screen will darken briefly, then return to normal. This immediately saves a screenshot to your Pictures\Screenshots folder.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.