Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
I built a PC just back in April thats components are

asus m5a78l-m mobo

fx 6300 cpu

vapor tri-x r9 280x

2 x 4gb ram

1tb hdd

I went kind of cheap on the case and I realized it when i built it because the GPU would get extremely loud and never quite down or cool down, so I started removing the side panel to play graphics intensive games.

This morning my mom woke me up and said the pc wasnt working so i went to check it out and the LED lights were on, the GPU leds and fans were on and running but no display was on the monitor that is hooked up via HDMI. The pc wouldnt turn off by the power button so i had to use the switch on the psu. I disconnected and reconnected the HDMI and got the same thing. I cant hear any beeps from the mobo, and I switched the ram to the other channel to see if that would do it but still nothing....

Next i will try to take out the cmos battery to reset the cmos settings but other than that i dont know what to do. the cpu fan doesnt run. please help nothing should be wrong with the parts this soon.

I just started playing the Witcher 3 over the past few days and its been running fine and even though the gpu gets loud i dont feel like im overpushing the system. The gpu is barely OC'ed but i was wondering if putting that much stress on it could do anything

Solution
So what your saying is that your not getting display, okay i had a problem similar to this & it was quiet an easy fix so what i did was i took off my heat sink, then removed the CPU and made sure it was connected properly so then i connected it back and installed everything back on &i turned on my rig and it started working again if it doesnt work you can also try to run your PC with one stick of RAM then if it works turn your PC off and put another stick of RAM & just keep repeating the process. If it stops working on a certain stick of RAM you might need to replace it.
(I REALLY RECOMMEND TRYING THIS AS I HAD THIS PROBLEM AS WELL) Make sure both sides of RAM are clicked all the way in.

KevinS200

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
So what your saying is that your not getting display, okay i had a problem similar to this & it was quiet an easy fix so what i did was i took off my heat sink, then removed the CPU and made sure it was connected properly so then i connected it back and installed everything back on &i turned on my rig and it started working again if it doesnt work you can also try to run your PC with one stick of RAM then if it works turn your PC off and put another stick of RAM & just keep repeating the process. If it stops working on a certain stick of RAM you might need to replace it.
(I REALLY RECOMMEND TRYING THIS AS I HAD THIS PROBLEM AS WELL) Make sure both sides of RAM are clicked all the way in.

Solution