Windows 10, Asus P7H55 and Sony Bravia - HDMI not compatible since windows 10 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

OperaG

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Hi,

I just upgraded my htpc computer from win7 to win10 this morning. I have an Asus P7H55 motherboard with onboard Intel HD graphics H55 series. things were not perfect to start with, and I was hoping that somehow by upgrading to win10 they would improve... boy was I wrong!

Situation before the upgrade:
- if I was watching a moving in full screen on Netflix and went away forgetting to come back to the main web page, 9/10 when I would come back to the PC, the TV would somehow have forgotten it was connected and flash as it had lost its signal. I had to hard-reboot the computer, then the problem was fixed until next time. I never was able to figure out why it did that - overheating? incompatibility when going to idle / screensaver if in full screen? was it specific to the TV? I just went with it.

Situation after the upgrade:
Now, the TV just won't display the computer, period. I know something changed during the install of win10 - as the TV screen suddenly went dark then an error message "incompatible" started showing at the bottom of the screen.

What I tried so far:
- I went on Asus' website to try to download windows 10 drivers. Somehow they seem to have forgotten putting them on their website. The 8.1 ones dont work either.
- I tried downloading stuff from Intel (they provide the chipset and graph card) but so far haven't had much success

What I'd like to avoid:
- in some research, I found that some people had to connect using VGA instead of HDMI to fix this problem with their Sony Bravia TV. I'm not thrilled with this idea as the resolution and quality would degrade compared to HDMI.
- if at all possible I'd also like to avoid having to purchase a brand new graph card for this computer.

My setup:
motherboard: asus p7h55
tv: sony bravia

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
Go to Intel Graphics Control Panel, and in options for resolution, ensure that your refresh rate is 60Hz. You can also do this by right clicking on your desktop, selecting Display settings, clicking "Advanced display settings," selecting "Display adapter properties," then navigating to the "Monitor" tab.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Go to Intel Graphics Control Panel, and in options for resolution, ensure that your refresh rate is 60Hz. You can also do this by right clicking on your desktop, selecting Display settings, clicking "Advanced display settings," selecting "Display adapter properties," then navigating to the "Monitor" tab.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.