Everything lights up and fans spin but when connected to monitor, no display

Magma3960

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
Hi, My laptop which I have used for the past 3.5 years has started to break and so I decided to build a desktop with the help of my friends.

We put all the pieces in and connected wires to where they needed to go, when turned on everything lights up and all fans spin (The disk drive also can open and close). We recently plugged in the little speaker thing into the jfp2 (I think it was called that) on the motherboard. The speaker does not beep at all, the only time I got it to beep was when I removed the memory sticks and turned it on, which caused the speaker to emit 3 long beeps.

When I connect the computer to a monitor it flashes analog then digital a couple times then goes black again.

Ps. there are a couple big four pronged cables, and 1 cable that on 1 side says type 3 with 4 pin inputs, and on the other side has 1 2 pin input that has an arrow and eci2510 on it, and 1 3 pin input with an arrow and 2510 and eci26 on it.

Please help me, I really want this to be able to work. I will be able to answer most questions just try to be a little bit simpler because I am only 15, I do know a lot but not on the level of some people who try to help.