Can't change the resolution! [PLEASE HELP]

Nika_YT

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
Hi there, I have 900p monitor (1440x900) and from driver control center I changed the resolution to 1920x1200 which is not supported from my monitor, so it's now black and says 'Frequency out of range' I can't see anything, what should I do? How can I change the resolution back to normal, I have Windows 10 and no other monitors to try on. Please respond, I can't do anything, HELP!

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
do you own a TV? can you plug your computer into the TV instead of a monitor so that you can see settings and try to reset them?

what cable are you using to connect to the monitor? DVI or VGA? maybe try the opposite one (might have to play with menu buttons on monitor to change inputs)

unknmmp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015

Start in safe mode and change the resolution back to normal from there.

Nika_YT

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
I am using DVI to VGA adapter and VGA cable. I have a TV and tried to connect to it but HDMI is not working why I don't know. The safe mode is not working too, I made recovery flash drive and in stead of 'Startup settings' (where safe mode is) there is UEFI firmware settings and I can't boot to safe mode, even with F8 or Shift+F8.. the last thing I have is to reset PC and reinstall Windows which i definitly don't want..

unknmmp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015

Try disabling Secure Boot and Legacy Mode in the BIOS and then try booting with that recovery flash drive.

unknmmp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2015

According to this:
https://devbest.com/threads/does-the-msi-a78m-e35-motherboard-have-uefi-bios-or-just-bios.53427/

It is in Mainboard Settings > Boot > Boot mode select
But you will have to see it for yourself because I don't have that mobo.

Nika_YT

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
Ok guys, I'm sick of this shit, tried literally everything and it didn't work, I'm doing this more than 2 huours, now I'm resetting PC and keeping files, I'm so tierd, fuck my monitor, it's so bad, can't even get resolution itself and non of the buttons on the back work, thanks everyone who advieced me! :) <3

TRENDING THREADS