After Some Months Its Showing "Insider Preview" watermark ? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Tdlh14s.png

any idea why this is showing ?

before windows 10 was released i was using the insider preview then when windows 10 got released the watermark was gone then after some months its back. It came back after a update. But why ?

Solution
Well, since WIN X is still pretty much a WIP I'd try contacting M$ support and see what they can tell you. Not many people are that familiar with the new System yet, sorry :(

Also even if you don't want their (M$) help, you should still report the issue to their bug tracker, just to let them know that this is going on :)

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

its been here for over a month now isn't there any way to fix it ? i don't want to use any watermark remover tool

Dom_79

Distinguished
Well, since WIN X is still pretty much a WIP I'd try contacting M$ support and see what they can tell you. Not many people are that familiar with the new System yet, sorry :(

Also even if you don't want their (M$) help, you should still report the issue to their bug tracker, just to let them know that this is going on :)

Solution

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

alright Thanks for the info and your help :)

USAFRet

Titan

Because you are still on the Insider Program. It went away for a bit, because the Tech Preview got updated to the same release as the retail one everyone else got.

There was a recent feature update. That message is simply informing you that you are still using the Tech Preview.

Dom_79

Distinguished

I'd select this ^ as best answer. I had no idea that there was still a "Beta branch" going for WIN X. Thanks USAFRet ;)

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

So how do i opt out of insider preview ? Cause I don't want to clean install windows 10.

USAFRet

Titan

You 'opt out' by purchasing the OS.
You can probably use the license key you get from a valid purchase to change that from the Tech Preview to Retail, without a full reinstall.

See this: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/19/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/
"“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire."

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

What ? So Windows 10 isn't free ?

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

but i had genuine windows 7 so from windows 7 i went to windows 10 insider preview. So it doesn't work like that right :(

USAFRet

Titan

This depends on how you installed Windows 10.
I'm thinking you just did a clean install of the Tech Preview.

So...to fix this (and you're not gonna like the answer)...
Install your old Windows 7. Activate, and go through all the updates.
Then Upgrade to Win 10.
This, of course, blows away all your existing installations, etc.

Or buy Win 10 and activate your existing install.

rdawg16

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

meh alright i will see what i can do. Thanks for the info

USAFRet

Titan

Well...those are your two options. I've studied this in depth.

I think this should work.

Remove your current HDD/SSD with 10 on it, and set it aside. Plug in a spare drive. Install 7 to this drive, and activate and update it. Then upgrade it to ten. This will register your hardware on MS's activation servers as having a valid 10 license.

Remove that drive and swap your 10 drive back in, and it *should* activate. There may be some steps you need to take for it to switch from tech preview to 10, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.