Windows blue screen error 0xc000021a. Tried many different things

Status
Not open for further replies.

13sRvol

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
System: Lenovo Y50 touch
OS: windows 10(I don't know how to check the build with my computer in this state)
This is probably the worst problem I've ever had with my computer by far. I wanted to play my already downloaded MGS:V which was working only a couplde days ago. But when I tried to open it, it said that the files were corrupt so I just tried to reinstall the game so I left the download on for the night but when I woke up the files were still broken after the download finished. So I thought I would just try restart my computer.
When I tried to turn it back on I got the BSOD and error message 0xc000021a. So I tried startup repair and said that it failed. I also tried the Easy Essential Recovery auto repair which failed telling me that it failed to install NTLDR/BOOTMGR. Then I restarted my computer and then I got no Bootmgr.
So I tried to use the command prompt and bootrec to fix it which didn't accomplish anything. Then I tried to reset my pc with my files and then it tells me that it failed too. So as a last ditch effort I just decided to reset without my files and then it got stuck at 2% for like 3 hours. Then when I restarted it the computer says that I have no OS now.
What I've gotten from trying all these things is that I think that the drive is stuck on readonly mode so I tried to change the registry but I dont know if I did that correctly and nothing changed. strangely when I try to open my files my main drive is not listed as C: for some reason the windows 10 folder is listed as E: and it says its locked.
What can I do to save my files? And thank you to anyone in advance who tries to help me.

Solution
I seriously doubt the system is still capable of being salvaged, after all that. Since you didn't bother to back up your files, which should ALWAYS be done, to an external drive or cloud based storage (Which is free, so there's no reason to NOT have a backup), this will probably be a painful learning experience.

If you DO want a functional operating system in spite of that, I'd suggest doing the following:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2784691/resolve-unresolvable-issues-upgrading-windows.html
I seriously doubt the system is still capable of being salvaged, after all that. Since you didn't bother to back up your files, which should ALWAYS be done, to an external drive or cloud based storage (Which is free, so there's no reason to NOT have a backup), this will probably be a painful learning experience.

If you DO want a functional operating system in spite of that, I'd suggest doing the following:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2784691/resolve-unresolvable-issues-upgrading-windows.html

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.