Display blinking and going black

Vlad_3

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
I have an issue, my monitor flashes and goes black for a couple of seconds. Yesterday, it went black as usual but didn't go back to normal, instead the monitor displaed a "no signal" sign. I shut it down and turned my PC back on, it started fine but the monitor still didnt display anything. I have found a solution to this which was unplugging my power cord, holding the on button for a few seconds and plugging the cord back in. This works and I am now able to start my PC and the monitor works fine,but the screen flashing problem still hasn't gone away. Any suggestions what might be the problem?

Solution
Try this. Install ddu and select nvidia. Then select clean and shutdown (for new graphics card). Take the gpu out of the pci slot and make sure it's clean. Place it back in and boot the pc. Go to nvidia's website and make sure you download a fresh set of the latest drivers available. Then install. Should be working now.

And next time post your system specs. If you have an amd card just replace nvidia in the instructions above

Mysticking32

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Try this. Install ddu and select nvidia. Then select clean and shutdown (for new graphics card). Take the gpu out of the pci slot and make sure it's clean. Place it back in and boot the pc. Go to nvidia's website and make sure you download a fresh set of the latest drivers available. Then install. Should be working now.

And next time post your system specs. If you have an amd card just replace nvidia in the instructions above

Solution