Windows store error code 0x80240437

G

I cant download any apps from the windows 10 store. It gives me a try that again error code. I noticed that i am using version 2015.7.1.1 of app store and my mums pc is on a newer one. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Solution
Open up an elevated Powershell prompt by typing "Powershell" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." In the prompt that appears, enter this:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

There will be several errors that can be safely ignored. After the command completes, reboot your PC. Try running the Store again.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Open up an elevated Powershell prompt by typing "Powershell" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." In the prompt that appears, enter this:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

There will be several errors that can be safely ignored. After the command completes, reboot your PC. Try running the Store again.

Solution
G

It seemed to start working again after I ran that script and uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapter. Thank you for your help.

Kheireddine_1

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015

Simon_52

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

Thanks! Kept getting that error code when trying to install VLC for Windows Store...I'm not savvy enough to know why it worked, just that it did!