Windows 10 stuck in bootloop with BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pookachee

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
I'm currently experiencing a problem showing the bsod and saying that irql_not_less_or_equal. I can't boot into windows because it's stuck restarting with the bsod, or stuck in a boot loop.
I think it started because of one of these 2 things:

1) I just installed saints row 4 and my pc froze after about 2 hours of running the game. The I had to restart the pc

2) right when I pressed restart, it showed windows is updating something because of the stupid auto update.

I've tried using a USB windows 10 installer to restore to a previous time and I've tried booting into safemode through cmd which didn't work. Finally, I tried reinstalling windows 10 while keeping my files but it still kept bringing me to the bsod.

System specs:
Intel i5 4690k
Asrock z97 anniversary
Some kind of generic 1600mhz 8gb ram
Msi r9 380 4g

view

Solution
Try performing a clean installation of Windows 10 using that USB installer. This will not result in file loss, but it won't make use of the original OS installation files, which may have been, for whatever reason, corrupted.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Try performing a clean installation of Windows 10 using that USB installer. This will not result in file loss, but it won't make use of the original OS installation files, which may have been, for whatever reason, corrupted.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.