how to recover an admin account in windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy_5

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
I deleted my admin account by mistake. In this case, my computer does not allow me to make any changes to the computer, including updating the anti-virus software.Since I'm using dell laptop, there is no original disc going along with my pc when I bought it. I would like to ask if there is any ways to recover the admin account?
thank you.

Solution

Open up an elevated...

Sandy_5

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015

thank you so much for offering this solution. But it seems it is not working on windows 10, at least for me. when I pressed windows+X, and type in net user administrator/active:yes, a command prompt appears for less than one second and disappears immediately. And nothing is changed to my laptop after I restart it. And when I press windows+C, a record shows up. I am wondering if this is because the difference of windows 10 from windows 8.

Slashgeek

Admirable

Open up an elevated Command Prompt window by typing CMD in Start, right clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter

net user administrator/active:yes

If the prompt shows "completed successfully," then what you want to do is log out of your account by going to Start, right clicking on your user account name at the top of the list, and selecting "Sign out." An "Administrator" account should now be in the list of accounts to sign into.

Solution

Sandy_5

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015

Thank you again for the help. I can still not enter "run as administrator." As I did it, there pops up a window, showing "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC" and there is no Yes option, only No that I can press. I guess since I deleted the admin account, I am not allowed to enter "Run as administrator" at all. I would like to ask if you have other suggestions to fix this?

TechGeek1020

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Usually Dell Laptops come with built in Recovery Media. You need to boot into the Recovery Environment and then click the "Use a device". You should find something that says recovery or something like that.
Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS