SSD randomly disconnecting from desktop

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
Hello guys, I bought this week an SSD Samsung EVO 850 250gb, and a Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 motherboard and a technician installed it on my computer.
On the second day of use, I had some problems because the desktop was loading hdd instead of the ssd, which it still had remnants of an ubuntu partition.
After delete it and relocate this partition using partition magic, I went back to using my PC. And yet, he was randomly frozen. And when I entered motherboard menu, i saw that SSD was not recognized.
I noticed that whenever I pull the power plug, and plug again, sometimes ssd is recognized, but sometimes not. Then, my desktop working for like 2 hours, before SSD freezes again. Im just using a surge protector, no nobreak.
Does anyone have any idea what can be?

Windows 7 installed on SSD, it was CLONED using sysprep, i think, because, according to the technical , was a faster method(10 minutes, according to him to full install windows), though I still doubt of his decision to have not installed a blank windows 7.

What you guys think?

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
ty for your answers turkey and spooky.

I installed a software called Samsung magician. He's like a ssd control panel.
After installing it, I noticed something interesting. Inside the software, in system information (option 2) in ahci mode and SATA interface, there is a question mark (?) And a message saying que AHCI mode is deactivated and Unable to detect SATA interface details.

I hope this helps to solve my problem, I have no idea what they mean.

AHCI mode in BIOS is probably not set.

In the registry, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci

Then right-click on the word Start on the right-side and click Modify. Change the value to “0” and click OK. Exit Regedit, reboot the system into BIOS, and change your sata controller to AHCI, save & exit then boot into Windows.