Monoprice 4k monitor stuck at 30 Hz with DisplayPort

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I have been having this issue on and off since I got the monitor. I have gotten the monitor to produce 60 hz over the displayport before. For the last few days, it has been stuck at 30 hz. Usually I can reset the computer, or go to the display adapter properties and reset to 60 hz. Now none of the usual fixes work. When I go to the display adapter properties, I dont even have the option to go to 60 hz like I did in the past.

I did a little research and there isnt much out there concering this monitor that I could find. The one thing I did notice the displayport cable may be bad. I am using the Monoprice premium 6' cable that they sell. I noticed that this cable is not DisplayPort Certified, so perhaps that is the issue. I did just recently purchase a certified cable and am waiting for that to arrive.

In the meantime, I thought I would post this question to see if anyone else was having issues and what they may have done to solve them.

Thanks

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
So to add to this issue, I just tried hooking up the 4k monitor via displayport only. I get 60 hz on the 4k, but as soon as I connect the other 1080p monitors via DVI, it goes back to 30 hz. I always had another displayport cable that I tried with no improvement. It appears to be a certified cable as it has the Displayport logo on it. I am starting to think maybe this isnt a cable issue. Any idea what the problem is?