Is anyone else still unable to upgrade to windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandSoldier

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
Hi, I have been waiting awhile and have deemed it safe to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 on my desktop after using it on my laptop, and the upgrade is still unavailable, I'd think by september 15th, the demand wouldn't be big enough for my free upgrade to still be "on its way". I don't have a dvd drive or a 4 gig thumb drive (I do however have a few extra hard drives I'm willing to use to mimic a dvd drive if all else fails), but I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong here or if someone else is experiencing the same issue.

SandSoldier

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
Is there a reason I haven't received the update through the windows 10 tab thing though? I would think that after several months since the release I would be able to upgrade through there.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

Hard to tell, usually, you will receive a notification once your PC is ready for Windows 10, and by meeting the requirements. You can try to perform a windows update and get all the available updates from Microsoft, they may be still some available before you can upgrade to Windows 10. The free upgrade is until July 28th 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.