Windows 10 Problems - Crashing when Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCompute-doU

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Every time I try to run any demanding game, Battlefield 4 and Shadow of Mordor being the two prime examples, the game will crash after about 1-3 minutes. Most recently BF4 game me an error saying:

"DirectX Function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" Failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG etc..."

So I had assumed a problem with my DirectX 12. This makes sense as the crashes started happening only after I upgraded to Windows 10. Any help? This is a serious pain.

i5 4690k @4.7ghz
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
16gb HyperX Fury RAM
250gb Samsung SSD
MSI GTX 970 OC
Corsair AX760

Solution
Having a DirectX crash after about 10 min of playing, every game. Error reads: GetDeviceRemovedReason DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I have the following system specs: Windows 10, GTX 970 ASUS OC STRIX, i7-4790k 4.0GHz (not OC'd), 8GB RAM, ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2, Windows on an Intel 80 GB SSD, BF4 on two 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD's in RAID 0.

I have tried the following:
1. Removing directX files in BF4 folder and repairing game from Origin.
2. Removing directX files in BF4 folder and running the dsetup.exe file to reinstall it.
3. Wiping my display drivers and re-installing the latest ones.
4. Turning my GPU clock speed down 100MHz, from 1.2GHz down to 1.1 GHz
5. Manually setting my GPU fan speed to maintain core temp below 60C...

iCompute-doU

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015

Already downloaded and updated the drivers.... is there a way i can search for old drivers and clean them out?

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015

use display driver uninstall here

if that doesnt work, i would recommend a fresh windows install, if you havent already

iCompute-doU

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015

Already in the process of trying that.... I'm working on reinstalling everything now so i'll see how it goes.

Apokalypz08

Reputable
Sep 21, 2015
Having a DirectX crash after about 10 min of playing, every game. Error reads: GetDeviceRemovedReason DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I have the following system specs: Windows 10, GTX 970 ASUS OC STRIX, i7-4790k 4.0GHz (not OC'd), 8GB RAM, ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2, Windows on an Intel 80 GB SSD, BF4 on two 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD's in RAID 0.

I have tried the following:
1. Removing directX files in BF4 folder and repairing game from Origin.
2. Removing directX files in BF4 folder and running the dsetup.exe file to reinstall it.
3. Wiping my display drivers and re-installing the latest ones.
4. Turning my GPU clock speed down 100MHz, from 1.2GHz down to 1.1 GHz
5. Manually setting my GPU fan speed to maintain core temp below 60C while playing.
6. Lowering Graphics settings to minimum, got 200FPS, still crashing.
7. Modifying Physx settings to run off of the GPU and/or CPU.\
8. Have reverted drivers back three versions.
9. Have edited the setting in the PROFSAVE_profile file, render graphics quality set to 0.

-Trying DDU now

Update: Used DDU to wipe driver, re-installed latest Driver, still crashing.
Update: Tried using my Windows 7 disc to revert back, but wouldn't work, would like to find a fix that does not involve wiping the C:drive and starting over.

FINAL SOLUTION!!!!! Installed EVGA Precision X16, lowered the GPU, lowered the power target, lowered the GPU temp target, and engaged KBoost.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.