Looking for a Virtu MVP replacement in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenDZYN

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
Hello, last month I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. I kept getting BSODs, and finally isolated it to Lucidlogix Virtu MVP 2.0 software/drivers. Virtu MVP is needed because I use an Apple Thunderbolt Display on my PC, which was built solely for gaming (I work professionally on Macs). I have a Thunderbolt port on my Asus Z87-Deluxe Mobo have an EVGA GTX-770 Classified GPU.

Unfortunately, I cannot roll back to 8.1 since I did a clean install, and I lost the card with my product key.

Is there another way to have my display connected to the iGPU, but my graphics processed on the discrete card? I've been searching for answers for weeks to no avail, and Lucidlogix support has confirmed that will not be updating Virtu MVP for Win10.

Thanks!

Slashgeek

Admirable

DirectX 12 will have a feature called Explicit Multiadapter, which will allow graphics cards of different vendors to work as parallel processors. However, from what we have learned, this feature will only work in applications that support it, and with hardware that supports it. The GPU on your Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU won't support DX12.

stevenDZYN

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015

I was able to roll back to an unactivated version of 8.1, resolving my issue for now. Thanks again for the information, I'm new to PCs, so this has been insightful and I think my 4th-gen Haswell CPU and 700-series Nvidia GPU are supported for DX12... hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.