Solved

ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X1800 GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) Dual DVI Video Card w/TV-Out(s video to video,tv out,dvi por

will this card work on a 450 watt power supply of a cheap psu
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ati radeon x1800 gto 256mb gddr3 pci express pcie dual dvi video card video video dvi por
  1. Yes it definitely will.
  2. what is the required power supply for this card
    will this effect the supply to any other devices connected to the system
  3. Best answer
    aaronak said:
    what is the required power supply for this card
    will this effect the supply to any other devices connected to the system

Theres no additional power requirements for this card, it runs off the 75 watts provided by the PCIe slot in your system. Your 450 w PSU is far more than enough. It will not have any effect on other components. This series of cards even recommended a 450w PSU for the whole system.

EDIT, just looked and it does take a mini molex connector (provides 75w additional max) which your PSU will have, still as I said it recommends a 450W PSU for it.
  4. but it is not giving video out when i connect it, and the fan is working
  5. aaronak said:
    but it is not giving video out when i connect it, and the fan is working

There is a mini molex connector on the back of the board where you need to plug in PSU power (looks like a plug for a floppy drive) did you connect that?

If that is connected then you either have a configuration issue or a defective card. Being that the card is 10 years old theres a chance its no longer working.
  6. i have connecyed the connector, but the card is not giving any output.... just only the fan is working
  7. Ok can you connect the integrated graphics on the computer and go into the bios and try disabling IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor. Its possible the computer is not allowing graphic output to the card.
Ask a new question

Read More

TV Video DVI