do i need to reinstal windows 10 before i start to instal all of my programs and games ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randa Ranoosh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I installed a clean copy of windows 10 1 week ago
on my new gaming build
1-I was doing some stress tests
2-I installed and uninstalled a same program from gigabyte 3 times (system information viewer)
3-and last internet explorer crashed 3 times on me with a message-internet explorer has stopped working

to clean install windows 10 and format my 250gb Samsung evo ssd
or to start install my games and programs and no need to re install ??

Solution
Maybe that System information viewer made the Explorer to crash. Since that program is not used frequently, you may proceed with program installation. If you are not sure about the condition, you can always reset your PC in windows 10 and it'll give you clean windows 10 install without a hassle.

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Maybe that System information viewer made the Explorer to crash. Since that program is not used frequently, you may proceed with program installation. If you are not sure about the condition, you can always reset your PC in windows 10 and it'll give you clean windows 10 install without a hassle.

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everything-you-need-to-know-about-refreshing-and-resetting-your-windows-8-pc/

Solution
Without knowing the nature of the crashes, it's hard to give you a definitive answer on whether to re-install Windows or not.

However if this is the path you ultimately take, you should do a Secure Erase of the drive. This can be done via Samsung Magician. Make either a bootable USB drive or CD / DVD with Magician and boot from it. Every time I've done this, the utility says that the drive is in a frozen state. If this happens, it'll tell you to exit the utility and remove the SATA power plug from the drive (with power still on) for 10 seconds, re-connect the power and then run the utility again (without rebooting) by typing the executable from the prompt. This should allow you to proceed with the secure erase. This will return you drive to "factory fresh". Then you should be good to re-install Windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.