ASUS H81M-PLUS, Windows 10, Sleep mode - the modem not put into Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

darekk

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
MOTOROLA SB5101E
Maybe this modem can't be put into Standby, but I doubt. Perhaps something should set in BIOS or Windows ?

Solution
Most modems don't have standby features, per se, that can power down the unit when the PC powers down. That modem has a "type" of standby, operated by a switch on the unit itself, but it's more for security features to disconnect from the PC, rather than for any sleep or power saving features. I'd recommend not using it unless you've had security issues. There are no standby features that can be supported through your bios or PC settings.

3.2 Standby Switch
The SB5101 series also features a standby switch that temporarily disconnects the modem from
the PC, thus allowing for a greater degree of security when the user is not surfing while keeping
the modem on the network, thus allowing the modem to be monitored, updated, and maintained...
Most modems don't have standby features, per se, that can power down the unit when the PC powers down. That modem has a "type" of standby, operated by a switch on the unit itself, but it's more for security features to disconnect from the PC, rather than for any sleep or power saving features. I'd recommend not using it unless you've had security issues. There are no standby features that can be supported through your bios or PC settings.

3.2 Standby Switch
The SB5101 series also features a standby switch that temporarily disconnects the modem from
the PC, thus allowing for a greater degree of security when the user is not surfing while keeping
the modem on the network, thus allowing the modem to be monitored, updated, and maintained
by the MSO continuously.

If you're worried about intrusions when the PC is not in use, I'd simply unplug the unit when it's not in use, if you really feel the need to.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.