PC screen pixelated.

Tpex

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

1280 x 1024 (native)

Is that the resolution you are running? You should have your desktop resolution set to the native resolution of your monitor. What size is your display?

Tpex

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

Yes, my resolution is set to native.

Tpex

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

it was set to 100%

Then I'm afraid you've hit the limitation of your monitor. You can however improve text (if it's not already turned on), type cleartype (all one word) into the search. You should get Adjust ClearType Text, click this. If there isn't a checkmark in the Turn on ClearType, click it and run the wizard by going Next. If it is checked, then click Next to tune ClearType. Once done (and assuming it wasn't already enabled), text should look better. Unfortunately this will only work for text and won't help smooth icons or any other UI graphics.

Tpex

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

Yea I already tried cleartype, my monitor is very old... But maybe it's Windows 10?

Well the second image you provided is the Photo icon for the Photo app, it's like that on my computer too and I have a 1080p monitor that's only a few years old. So as far as that is concerned, that is MicroSoft's low detail icons at work. The first image, it's really subjective, since it's so blown up. If you blow up anything like that, it's going to look pixelated.

Pixelation as you've shown is subjective. It is dependent upon the resolution versus screen size, and how close you sit to your monitor and how good your eyes are. For instance if you have two 1080p TVs fed with the same signal source all else being equal. If you sit the same distance from both and the only difference is the size of the screen, the larger one is going to seem more pixelated.

So as far as a fix for your monitor, the only option is to sit further away from it I'm afraid. If that doesn't work for you, then you could get a higher resolution monitor. My suggestion here is if you go 1080p, don't go bigger than 24" as those that are 27" may seem too pixelated if you are sensitive to that. If you want something larger, then consider getting a screen with a resolution of 1440p. The latter choice is going to be pricier of course.

Feb 16, 2019
same problem to my pc o have a gtx 1050ti and i just go a hdmi samsung monitor 24' fullhd my text looks pixelated and my games are pixelated does anyone know how to fix these issue i tried everything on youtube but nothing fixed