Task Manager not displaying everything in Startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleshovel

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
While attractive in its layout, I've noticed that the startup section of task manager in windows 10 doesn't really list everything in the "startup tab." I see processes running from software (ex: nihardwareservice [for Native Instruments audio controllers/software]) without it being reflected in the startup section.

This isn't the only example. But I'm wondering if purposefully abridges what's reflected, or do I have to tweak it somehow to reveal other startup programs?

Solution
those that show in Task Manager's Startup section are using certain settings that Windows detects. others that use different settings may only be shown in Task Scheduler and others in the system registry(under "current user" and "local" sections in "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run").

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
those that show in Task Manager's Startup section are using certain settings that Windows detects. others that use different settings may only be shown in Task Scheduler and others in the system registry(under "current user" and "local" sections in "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run").

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.