Realtek Audio Drivers and Dolby Home Theater

quadrplax

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
My audio drivers are giving me a headache on Windows 10. When I had Windows 7, I had Realtek drivers and Dolby Home Theater v4 installed. In Windows 10, Realtek installed automatically, but Dolby would not. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I got it to work before, my motherboard's (GA-990FXA-UD3) website has Dolby drivers inside of the Realtek drivers, but they won't install. The only way I've gotten them to work was after installing an unsigned Dolby driver I found, but this overwrites my Realtek drivers and vise-versa, otherwise Home Theater complains about Dolby PCEE not being installed. Is there any way I can get both of these installed at the same time?

Phenomz-

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
I'm going through this issue with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and it's driving me crazy. The dolby driver overwrites the realtek and vice versa and it seems impossible to have Dolby and the Realtek control panel to manage various sound outputs.

This solution does install the Dolby Home Theater but it doesn't solve the issue. When you try to use it, the equalizer bars don't move, it's like the application doesn't have any sound input which causes that it does no effect to the audio, which is what it's meant to do, so... still looking for a solution.

By the way OP, we have the same motherboard.