Windows 10 Icon resize issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn2ad

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Here is a link to youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mPA4ruG2L0

I have tried the following troubleshoot :

Reset my pc, all was fine until I installed the updates. Think this was the issue prior to resetting the PC.

Created a new profile but it didn't work.

Contacted Microsoft CS and they couldn't help.

They took over my pc (over chat) did a scan for corrupt files (didnt find any)

Performed a virus scan via Hitmanpro didn't find any virus or malware.

They gave up at the end and said they would escalate this.

Solution
Every different type of folder can have different view settings. Open a folder, set the view to list view, if that's what you want, then go up to the top and click on the view tab. Then click options on the right hand side of the view menu and then "change folder and search options".

In the folder options click on the view tab. At the top of the view tab, click on "apply to folders". That should apply the original view settings you set for the folder you started out in, to every other similar folder. If you encounter a folder type that has different view settings, you can repeat the process for that type of folder.

Microsoft tech support is a bunch of idiots who couldn't troubleshoot a hangnail.
Every different type of folder can have different view settings. Open a folder, set the view to list view, if that's what you want, then go up to the top and click on the view tab. Then click options on the right hand side of the view menu and then "change folder and search options".

In the folder options click on the view tab. At the top of the view tab, click on "apply to folders". That should apply the original view settings you set for the folder you started out in, to every other similar folder. If you encounter a folder type that has different view settings, you can repeat the process for that type of folder.

Microsoft tech support is a bunch of idiots who couldn't troubleshoot a hangnail.

Solution

unicorn2ad

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
darkbreeze@ thank you for the quick reply. I was worried if this was some kind of trojan/bug. Microsoft should really hire people who are good with this stuff. Cant believe the Tech support guy wasted 2 Hours of my time and yet didn't know what the problem was.

I've reviewed other forums (official Microsoft) and they could not help people with the same issue. Most of them were windows 7, they were asked to delete registries, folder and what not and they are still not resolved. From now on I'd rather post my questions on Tom's hardware.

For people who are facing this problem should do this :

Open a folder -> Click on View -> Set your icon size -> Click on the options button on the right end of the ribbon (view tab) -> Change folder and search options -> Switch from general to view tab -> Apply to folders -> Finally apply.

Cheers,
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.