A Couple Of questions About Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank36

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
First off, I was wondering if they fixed the compatibility issues from Windows 8. I know Win8 had some compatibility problems so I was wondering if Win7 programmes, and even some new ones, still have compatibility problems? Secondly, I was wondering I it is too buggy. I know the first service pack isn't out yet but I was wondering if it's in a big need of one or if it's fine without it. Thanks!

Solution
(1) Microsoft Windows 10 isn't yet considered "stable" by professionals in IT.

(2) There's always going to be compatibility issues across different versions of Windows OSes, period.

(3) I wouldn't advise you to install Windows 10, as it doesn't have the support and backing it needs by third parties (e.g., hardware and software developers). As you said, wait until SP1. Many of the software developers I know beg their ITs to migrate them back to Windows 8.1) -- too bad they got screwed by the marketing department VP that insisted on Windows 10 upgrades for the whole office because it's new and shiny. Oh wait, I've said too much -- my bad!

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
(1) Microsoft Windows 10 isn't yet considered "stable" by professionals in IT.

(2) There's always going to be compatibility issues across different versions of Windows OSes, period.

(3) I wouldn't advise you to install Windows 10, as it doesn't have the support and backing it needs by third parties (e.g., hardware and software developers). As you said, wait until SP1. Many of the software developers I know beg their ITs to migrate them back to Windows 8.1) -- too bad they got screwed by the marketing department VP that insisted on Windows 10 upgrades for the whole office because it's new and shiny. Oh wait, I've said too much -- my bad!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.