sometimes when i create a new folder in drive d or open program there is a delay of 2 to 3 seconds why ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randa Ranoosh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
sometimes as I said when I want to create a folder in drive D there is a delay of 3 to 4 seconds why ??

also sometimes also when I open a program my SSD there is a delay also why ??
it is a clean install

note:
desktop DOES NOT freeze when these delays happen

Solution
Is it new???
try this. it might help. it happened to me one time when i copy and delete many files to my new HDD after 1 week and a defragment helped me a lot !
Also try to run a app to check that your hard drive is OK/
Some time this happens when a app like anti virus is scanning at the back ground and its doing this in C. so when you want to use D , the hard drive needs time to move the mechanical parts to that part of disk. so when you are using C and want to use D, you might see a delay !!

AMD--fan

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi
Try to defragment your drive . right click on Drive d in computer. Go to tools and click on defragment now. Also use apps like crystal disk info to check that your hdd is fine.

AMD--fan

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Is it new???
try this. it might help. it happened to me one time when i copy and delete many files to my new HDD after 1 week and a defragment helped me a lot !
Also try to run a app to check that your hard drive is OK/
Some time this happens when a app like anti virus is scanning at the back ground and its doing this in C. so when you want to use D , the hard drive needs time to move the mechanical parts to that part of disk. so when you are using C and want to use D, you might see a delay !!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.