Should I upgrade to Windows 10 home from Windows 7 home premium or Windows 10 education with DreamSpark Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

myaccount1234

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
I got my upgrade update from Microsoft in windows update. Should I do that or use DreamSpark Premium Windows 10 education. What happens when I am out of college and don't have DreamSpark Premium anymore and am using Windows 10 education?

Solution
If at all possible, use the DreamSpark Premium. Microsoft won't take it away when you get out of college, I can still use all my software from DreamSpark.

This also means that you get to keep your windows 7 license. If you were to upgrade using the windows 7 license, you would loose that windows 7 license in exchange for a windows 10 entitlement. This way you can go back to windows 7 if you find you don't like 10.

Also remember that windows 10 uses entitlements. This means that once you install the OS, it's tied to that hardware. Upgrade the motherboard and you will have to buy the operating system again.
If at all possible, use the DreamSpark Premium. Microsoft won't take it away when you get out of college, I can still use all my software from DreamSpark.

This also means that you get to keep your windows 7 license. If you were to upgrade using the windows 7 license, you would loose that windows 7 license in exchange for a windows 10 entitlement. This way you can go back to windows 7 if you find you don't like 10.

Also remember that windows 10 uses entitlements. This means that once you install the OS, it's tied to that hardware. Upgrade the motherboard and you will have to buy the operating system again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.