Windows 10 Bluetooth Device Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
This issue is driving me nuts. I am trying to remove two old Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 that keep showing up in Device Manager. I have tried to find them in Settings>Devices>Bluetooth and remove them but there isn't an option. When I uninstall them in Device Manager they keep coming back. How do I unpair and remove old Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10? Thanks in advance.

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
I tried that as well. It will uninstall and initially comes back up as a Generic Bluetooth device before Microsoft Update downloads the actual device. All of the old devices then return. They are both Bluetooth mice I tried and decided not to keep. For some reason Windows is not deleting drivers and registry entries for these devices.

Slashgeek

Admirable

Has this problem been ongoing since you updated? Or is it an older problem from before? Are you running a clean install?

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Yep...clean install. Don't recall having the issue with Windows before...but the UI was different. I was able to manage the actual devices in Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 on my other machine. The Bluetooth works...it is just very bothersome that I don't have any control over management of paired devices. Right now, it is as if once paired, it is permanent. No way to remove. Is there a manual method to remove drivers from the Windows folder (not sure which folder it would be) and find the matching registry entry that directs Windows to load the devices in device manager each time?

SAAR

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Resolved similar error with Windows 10 though on Tablet / Mini PC 10'
Try disconnecting all wireless connections and then removing the device. Then switch off / disable bluetooth connection and restart your machine gracefully. If device still appears, try deleting it manually and it should be removed. <Keep connections disabled till then>

Status
Not open for further replies.