Cannot change proxy settings."Some setting are managed by your organisation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush 14

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Hi,I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and have been encountering problems since then.When I try to access any website using my mobile's hotspot all the browsers except firefox show the same message that is "Can’t connect to the proxy server".

So I went into proxy setting and saw that whole area was grayed out and at the top was a message saying "Some setting are managed by your organisation ". The first option in proxy settings is "Automatically detect setting" and it was turned on but because it was grayed out, I couldn't change it.Then I typed internet options in the search bar and clicked on it and a dialogue box appeared and in it I click connections tab and right at the bottom was a message saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator.I went into LAN settings and there too everything was grayed out and the automatically detect settings box was checked here too.This problem is not confined only to browsers but my in my Steam account I cannot update my games and also when I try to access news from the steam client it gives and error code.I did a bit of research about that code and found that it was related to proxy.Even my windows update is not working. Every time I try to update it it just stucks at 0% for hours.Please help me. Thank you.

Solution
Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
2. Locate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.
3. Double-click “Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies” on the right pane.
4. Choose “Not Configured” and click OK.
5. Restart the computer and test the result.

You can also delete the registry key “Security_HKLM_only” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet settings directly.

Hope this helps.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Please try the following:

1. Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
2. Locate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.
3. Double-click “Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies” on the right pane.
4. Choose “Not Configured” and click OK.
5. Restart the computer and test the result.

You can also delete the registry key “Security_HKLM_only” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet settings directly.

Hope this helps.

Solution

Ayush 14

Reputable
May 23, 2014

I don't know what an active directory login is,i don't have a vpn neither do i have any illegal software

Status
Not open for further replies.