Problems with gam,es on windows 10

slamsaad

Honorable
Jul 11, 2014
Hey so i just upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to 10 yesterday and bloody hell, no game is working properly.

I read somewhere that there is a problem with games on windows 10 so i should try and use the compatibility option and i have tried it with every windows type and not working at all.

The games won't even go through the loading page so it's a disaster.

I have tried to re install drivers and everything, nothing works.

So please... HELLLLLPPPP!!

Lol thank you

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Its not your processor, I hate when folks just drop BS answers on here and for what? To get a quickie "best answer"? Its a terrible answer.

As for your issue it sounds to me that if every game is crashing you're having a DirectX issue. Unfortunately its not as simple as updating directx. I think it may be a good idea to back up your personal data and go ahead and do a fresh Windows 10 install. Because you upgraded from 8.1 to 10 you can download the install media and do it right from there:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

This should clear up your issues and it will likely run faster as well.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

You need to reinstall windows. Back up your personal data, format your drive and reinstall. The link above is for you to download the Windows 10 install media that you can put on to a USB or a DVD and install from.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

If everything is bombing and you don't have a hardware issue which we know you don't then its very likely a bad windows install. You could downgrade, which should work as it would move back to your old files, unless they got messed up too. For that I don't know, I would need the PC in front of me and maybe I could figure it out, but you're talking about a lot of troubleshooting for an issue that very likely could be cleared by re-installing the OS.