[SOLVED (sort of)] HELP! windows 10 won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashthepyro

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
so i had a pre-build pc that had windows 8.1 from start.
now i installed windows 10 through the upgrade system and after rebooting for the second time the screen won't get past the bios.

well, it kinda does, it boots, the bios is displayed, fully functional, no hardware damage recorded ect, so that should be fine. it goes on with booting windows and immediately goes to a black screen just do force the reboot loop until it gets to the system-recovery options.

no mouse cursor, no power to devices like the keyboard and mouse at all in fact..
and yes, it is a signal from the GPU, it's just a black screen. on occasion when this happens i see a black menu (probably the CMD) being switched on very quick before going black.

i am trying to get a windows 10 64 bit basic disc for the full system recovery, but i am not sure if that's going to work, tried every other disc/usb-less option to boot.

I'd start by unplugging the power supply and removing the CMOS battery for three to five minutes, and then restoring it and rebooting, to rebuild the EFI hardware tables.

If that fails to work, try gaining access to Windows via safe mode by rapid firing the F8 or Shift+F8 function keys starting as soon as you press the power on button until you see the advanced boot menu options. Once in Windows, if you can get there (Choose the Safe mode with networking option from the boot menu) I'd suggest doing the following:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Flashthepyro

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Well i can't open the case because it has warranty stickers all over it, but i tried to change the boot behavior or however you want to call it.
it was standing on lecagy instead of uefi.
and thanks to the 30 system repair attempts widnows 10 isnt really doing too well.

guys, if i can give you a tip, don't buy medion pc's. if they break they an barely fix them. i send the bloody thing back the second time in 1 month (the first time it wasnt even working) , arrived again, seemed to work, and now they screwed around in the bios and left it like that. i know from before it was standing on uefi by itself. it's amaturistic at best.

i thought "lets buy one for a change instead of build one" and karma struck in seconds.

but now the recovery tool does it's job.
thank you for the quick replies, saved me another 3 weeks without a living room pc.

Flashthepyro

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
well, i found out what it was.
the recovery tool kept poppin up so i checked the boot priority.
it can't see the SSD anymore. and the way windows 10 struggeled to work, is exactly what happens in that case until it dies completely.

i remember, from the first time it broke down, the PSU was overloaded. they repaired my HDD because it died because of that. but the SSD was connected to the same power cable. probably was not strong enough to kill it right away.

well aint this nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.