Help, low FPS all games Since windows 10 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashtonblake

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Ever since i upgrading to windows ten there seem to be a huge decrease in game performance when playing games and i have tried to rule out my computer as being the issue.

just a look at the rig im running
AMD FX8370 OC @ 4.6ghz nice n cool
16 GB DDR3 1866 RAM ripjaw
GTX 980 SLI
and ALL SSD drives
all held together on msi 970 (killer) board

for instance, counter strike go. everyone knows it can be run on almost a phone by now im running 30 FPS when before windows 10 i would run 200 FPS

h1z1 before windows 10 was always over 130 FPS
now 20 FPS
and the list goes on.

Here are a few things ive done SINCE my FRESH windows 10 OS WIPE!!
( please don't tell me to run a file checker like Microsoft did via chat )
uninstall and reinstall more then 4 nvidia video drivers from the newest to a couple older ones hoping for better results & yes i made sure to get rid of all old drivers.

take out one video card hoping it was sli issue

check for ram leaks ( i know not likely due to problem occurring after windows 10 )

try another video card, installed proper drivers and got same results

And finally a clean OS wipe, played around with quite a lot of settings and still no go

next step is back to windows 8.1... Anyone out there with any suggestions
i know there is people whoa re stuggling to.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/860929/pc-games/drastical-fps-drop-after-windows-10-upgrade-and-nvidia-drivers-update-/

Solution

GoldKingCobra

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015

Hopefully you already tried this:

Open "NVIDIA Control Panel" > "3D Settings" > "Manage 3D Settings" > "Global Settings"

a. Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
b. Vertical sync- Off
c. Threaded optimization - off
d. Triple buffering - off
Please set to these settings and click on apply.

Source: GeForce Forums

Solution

BaconAwareness

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
I had the exact same issue, took me forever to dig this gem out of a forum.

"Simply go to device manager in control panel and look for display adaptors. In display adaptor you should see your nvidia card and microsoft adaptor. That means microsoft adaptor is the problem, just right click and update that driver from internet and it should be fine. You should also see the Intel HD 4000 or whatever your integrated card is after the update. Simply restart your computer and you are good to go."

Status
Not open for further replies.