Displays no longer registering HDMI or DVI input, only VGA.

NightAngel

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
After a long absence, I recently got home and started updating my games and software. I left my computer running overnight with my monitors off while downloading a particularly slow update for a game(World of Warships). However when I went on my computer the following morning, neither of my monitors were registering any video input(one uses HDMI and the other uses DVI). Both monitors do work as I have tested both of them with the same cables on another computer and they work fine. I have also tested another display with my computer(via DVI) and it doesn't work either. However when I connected one of my monitors to my computer's motherboard with a VGA cable, it displayed the video feed, albeit at a different resolution than usual(1600x1200 as opposed to 1680x1050, the native resolution). I have tried updating to the latest driver version as well as completely removing the driver and getting a fresh install to no effect. Interestingly, when I go into the AMD Gaming Evolved application, it says that there was an error in detecting my video card. I don't know what is causing this; the only things I can think of is either something wrong with the driver, which is confusing as I have reinstalled it several times and even wiped the existing driver and got a new install, or something wrong with the card itself, which does not seem to be the case as it works fine using VGA. It just occurred to me while typing that last sentence that it could be damaged connectors, however upon inspection, there does not seem to be anything wrong with them.

Pleas help, I am at my wits end here. Sorry for wall of text. Below is some info on my setup.

GPU: Sapphire R9 270X DualX 2G
Monitors:
VX2252mh Viewsonic monitor via HDMI
200WS8FB/75 Philips monitor via DVI

NightAngel

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
I fixed the problem. I took my graphics card out, got the standard VGA display adapter working, uninstalled the old adapter, wiped my driver install, put my card back in, re downloaded and installed the drivers and bingo working again.